HandsFreeLink Drains Battery
Acura's parent company Honda was one of the first to offer a hands-free system called HandsFreeLink. In their rush to beat the competition, however, they missed a defect that allows the system to stay on at all times. Yes, even after the ca…Continue reading article "HandsFreeLink Drains Battery"
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.Continue
Where Electrical Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- battery drains in the 2006 TL
- "parasitic draw" after multiple dead battery events in the 2007 MDX
- computer reporting errors in multiple systems in the 2015 TLX
- ABS failure in the 2016 TLX
- battery keeps going dead in the 2013 RDX
- battery dies overnight in the 2007 TL
- battery drains in the 2008 TL
Water is leaking past a faulty seal and straight into the tail lights of roughly 360,000 Acura SUVs.
From there it meets up with some electrical components and that never tends to go well. In this case, it’s shorting out internal and exterior lights in the 2014-2019 MDX and 2017-2019 MDX Sport Hybrid. Dealerships will replace the light assembly gaskets when the recall begins on April 29, 2019.keep reading article "Acura Recalls 360,000 Leaky Tail Lights in the MDX and MDX Sport Hybrid"